I can think of few things better than filling your entire house with the aroma of pumpkin, cinnamon, and sweet cozy autumnal undertones…
This blog is getting a wee bit crowded with all things pumpkin (in a good way, of course ;). Could there be a bad way to pumpkin anyhow?!)
Pumpkin muffins? Check. Pumpkin porridge? Yep. Bread pudding? The absolute best when made with pumpkin. Pumpkin cake? Yep. Multiples. Bread? You betcha. Pies and tarts? There’s chocolate pumpkin and plain pumpkin…
Perhaps the king of fall is pumpkin cheesecake though — there’s a no-bake version floating around on the blog that is a huge reader favorite. This year I decided to add a baked version to the collection as well. No such thing as too much cheesecake or pumpkin, right?
Plus you could make both the baked and no-bake versions to, ya know, extend the pumpkin dessert season even longer… ;)
This baked version was inspired by my EASY BAKED CHEESECAKE recipe, which has become a huge blog favorite for many in the past year. There’s a nutty and a nut-free version, so I just adapted the nutty version to be pumpkin themed and was so pleased with the result.
It’s cozy and wonderfully comforting. And unlike a raw cheesecake it’s not freezing cold, ha! I love the frozen version of course, but sometimes you just want something baked, soft, and lush to tuck in to.
This cake can be kept at room temp (if eaten same day) or refrigerated and will keep its shape perfectly. I served it with some light coconut whip, though that is optional of course. Have it with a cup of warm coffee or tea, or with some fresh pumpkin seed milk on the side and you’re all set for pumpkin season in stride!
Cozy, comforting baked vegan pumpkin cheesecake makes the perfect autumn treat! Serve it topped with coconut cream…so delicious! Gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 8 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup coconut nectar (or maple, agave, etc.)
- 2 tbsp whole psyllium husk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- coconut whip cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Oil a 6″ springform pan and set aside.
- Process all crust ingredients in a food processor into a fine sticky crumble. Transfer into the oiled pan press down to shape into a crust with your hands along the base and sides of the pan (Tip: make sure you “seal” the gap in the base when shaping the crust — i.e. don’t leave cracks in the crust, so that the filling doesn’t leak out anywhere while baking). Set aside.
- Blend all filling ingredients into a smooth mixture in a power blender. Pour into the prepared crust and smooth out the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 mins until the top is nice and golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack completely (a few hours or overnight is best)(note the top will sink a touch as it cools, which is normal). Remove from pan, slice and enjoy with a bit of coconut whip on the side. Store leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy!