This recipe is clearly the result of one chocolate peanut butter treat leading to another... and another... and another... :P It honestly has got to be one of the best flavor combinations out there. And when you score a batch of the creamiest peanut butter ever, what's a girl to do but make something delicious with it -- like this no-bake chocolate peanut butter pie!
This little treat is super simple to throw together. It might not be very fancily decked out (simple flavors and easy ingredients), but the creaminess and richness of it make this pie an instant mood lifter :) -- But that's pretty much a guarantee with this kind of a treat regardless if you're a chocolate pb lover ;)
Several people asked with the last pb cake whether almond butter can be used in the treat instead of pb. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to get back to all the individual questions yet, but the question has been on my mind since I know many people can't have peanut butter (I'm building a peanut-free section on the recipes page btw).
So for this treat, yes, you can substitute sunflower seed butter, or almond butter, or cashew butter. The only thing to keep in mind is that peanut butter is naturally quite sweet (as is cashew butter), so you'll likely need to add more sweetener to taste. If you give a modified version a try, it would be great to hear what you did and how it worked out in the comments below!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
A creamy and silky no-bake vegan peanut butter chocolate pie. Easy and so satisfying. This recipe is also gluten-free, grain-free, and refined sugar-free, and uses no added oils.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 7" pie
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 cup raw cashews (or if cashew-free, use almonds, or toasted peanuts)
- ½ cup honey dates
- 4 tbsp smooth and creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ⅓ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 11 tbsp maple syrup
- 9 tbsp smooth and creamy natural peanut butter
- 5 ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- just over ¼ teaspoon salt
- A few extra tablespoon of creamy natural peanut butter*
- Process the cashews (or other nuts) into a fine crumble in a food processor. Add remaining crust ingredients and process until a sticky crumble forms. Transfer this mixture into a 7" tart pan with a removable bottom (or a parchment-lined dish of a similar size) and press down into a crust along the base and edges. Freeze while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a high power blender into a smooth and creamy consistency. Transfer into the prepared pie crust. Tap the pan on the counter lightly a few times to even out the layer.
- If topping with a peanut butter drizzle, use an icing pen tool (like this one) (or a small piping bag, etc.), fill it with creamy peanut butter and drizzle horizontally and then vertically (or in a pattern you like).
- Freeze the pie for 5 hours or overnight to set. Slice up and thaw out lightly (about 10 mins) and enjoy!**
*Note that for the drizzle to work, your peanut butter needs to be super creamy and runny. If it's on the thick side, consider just dropping small amounts on top of the pie with a spoon and swirling them in.
**Storage notes: treat this cake as you would ice cream. If left at room temperature it will begin to slowly melt as it thaws, so best to keep it frozen until serving time and give it a light thawing on the counter as needed (5-10 mins, until it slices easily).
Keywords: No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie