Let's assess this creamy chocolate pecan ice cream situation for a moment...
Ice cream: check. Super quick and easy recipe: check. A killer (totally simple) flavor combination: check. An incredibly creamy and satisfying dessert: check. Chocolate cravings coverage: yep. Portion control: check...
Um, these ice cream pops need to happen in your kitchen as quickly as possible is my conclusion!
I know it's a really simple dessert, not a flashy / fancy cake... but I kid you not, I had no idea pecan butter would make these mini treats so satisfying.
My intention was to make popsicles, but they really turned out as ice cream pops because the pecan butter (in combination with the other good things happening in the pops) made for the most unexpected velvety smooth and creamy ice-cream like consistency. They turned out so delicious I couldn't keep them off the blog.
Plus, we're talking pecans, ice cream, and chocolate, which means whatever way you string these things together, it's bound to be delicious.
If you're like me, and having ice cream in -17C weather is your kind of thing, you might also want to check out the scrumptious raw caramel pecan cheesecake and banana pecan ice-cream below. (Ok...and a few baked pecan treats if you'd rather have something fresh from the oven to warm up with):
These vegan ice cream pops are naturally creamy, smooth, and packed with flavor thanks to the combination of delicious pecan butter and chocolate. This recipe is free from: dairy, gluten & grains, refined sugar, added oils, and coconut.
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup pecan butter
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- a bit of melted dark chocolate of your choice, or can use some of this diy magic shell
- Blend all pops ingredients together until completely smooth in a power blender.
- Divide the mixture between 6 large popsicle molds (or however many you can fill, depending on your mold size). Freeze overnight or for at least 5-6 hours.
- Un-mold, drizzle with melted chocolate and let set for a minute or two, then enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.