Chocolate and Earl Grey is my favorite flavor combo for chocolate bars — there’s one by a particular brand I always stock up on if I come across it. BUT living where I live (middle of nowhere) I don’t come across it often… So in my earl grey chocolate bar “down time”, I satisfy my cravings for the combo with this nice cream. Oh yes…And in cake. Earl grey in cake is amazing. In fact, this ice cream is what inspired the raw chocolate earl grey cake in my book…
But while cake is nice and all, and those lovely ready made chocolate bars are great if you’ve got them on hand, sometimes I feel like quick and easy gratification in the sweet tooth department, with the ingredients I’ve got right now. Nice cream to the rescue each and every time. Instant, delicious, creamy, plus super simple to make. And the mulberries and cacao nibs add a lovely crunch to round things off.Print
Inspired by a super delicious earl grey chocolate bar, this vegan ice cream is simple, ready in just two minutes, and only needs a few basic ingredients.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 dashes of good salt (yep THREE — it needs it!)
- 1 tsp earl grey tea leaves (grind/crush fresh leaves into a finer consistency, or use some from an organic earl grey tea bag — I use Numi aged earl grey for mine)
- optional: a hint of maple syrup if you like things crazy sweet (I didn’t use)
- cacao nibs, dried mulberries, salt flakes
- Blend all nice cream ingredients in a high power blender (use your tamper if using a Vitamix). Scoop into a bowl, sprinkle with toppings and enjoy!