Raw coconut snowballs are real cuties, aren't they? :). These little guys came about when I was feeling like something rich, coconuty, and sweet — and these snowballs seemed like the perfect fit. I love dessert balls because they are pretty hard to mess up, they're small enough that you can indulge without feeling guilty, they're perfectly shareable, and they take literally less than 10 minutes to make — so raw coconut snowballs just make total sense, you see.
P.S. If you're in a coconut kind of mood, check out these Vegan Gluten-Free Coconut Bars, these Chocolate Coconut Vegan and Gluten-Free Granola Bars, and this DIY Coconut Milk.Print
- 1 cup coconut butter (also called coconut manna)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (or a pinch of raw ground vanilla beans)
- ½ cup more shredded coconut for rolling (or can roll in some powdered sugar for a more "snowy" look)
- Place all ingredients (except the ½ cup shredded coconut reserved for rolling) into a food processor and process until everything is combined and the mixture begins to form a ball. Spread the coconut reserved for rolling onto a plate and set aside. Form bite sized balls out of the dough by shaping and rolling them with your hands, and then give them a roll on the shredded coconut plate to coat them.
- Serve/eat right away or refrigerate for a little bit to make them firmer. They can be made ahead too and store well in the fridge or can be frozen.