I thought I covered my strawberry love in a recent update on strawberry desserts, but I forgot to share a yummy breakfast I made the other day: strawberry white chocolate raw chia pudding. Chia puddings are a great vegan and gluten-free breakfast alternative. Chia seeds are packed with nutrition -- they are full of fiber, omega-3s, calcium, protein, and they have been shown to prevent blood sugar spikes, fight belly fat, and improved heart health. They also have a unique gelatinous property that makes them a great superfood to use in puddings, smoothies, and in baking. And they make for a very yummy breakfast in pudding form!
Chia puddings are extremely easy to make. You can make them the night before and wake up to a delicious quick and wholesome breakfast. They come in a myriad of flavors, and for me that's the best part -- making something new and fun each time. So this time I made it with strawberries and cocoa butter and the result was ♥.
P.S. Be sure to also check out this overnight raw vegan "nutella" chia pudding recipe!Print
Strawberry White Chocolate Raw Chia Pudding
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min - overnight
- Total Time: 25 minute
- Yield: 2 small breakfast bowls
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Add more milk for a runnier pudding)
- 1 tbsp melted cocoa butter (white cocoa butter, not coconut butter)
- 3 soft medjool dates
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (or a tiny pinch raw ground vanilla bean)
- ⅛ tsp almond extract (optional)
- ½ cup white chia seeds (black would work too, but I liked how the white looked in this :) )
- 4 fresh strawberries (or more to taste)
- Place all ingredients, except for chia seeds and strawberries, and process until the mixture is smooth. Add in chia seeds and process for just a few seconds to work them in (without actually grinding them them in). Alternatively, just mix the chia seeds in by hand.
- Divide the mixture equally between 2 small glass containers, bowls, or cups. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 20 minutes to allow the mixture to gel up.
- Prior to eating, chop the strawberries finely and mix them into the pudding. Enjoy!
P.S. Be sure to also check out this overnight raw vegan "nutella" chia pudding recipe!