I thought I covered my strawberry love in a recent update on strawberry desserts, but I forgot to share a yummy breakfast I made the other day: strawberry white chocolate raw chia pudding. Chia puddings are a great vegan and gluten-free breakfast alternative. Chia seeds are packed with nutrition -- they are full of fiber, omega-3s, calcium, protein, and they have been shown to prevent blood sugar spikes, fight belly fat, and improved heart health. They also have a unique gelatinous property that makes them a great superfood to use in puddings, smoothies, and in baking. And they make for a very yummy breakfast in pudding form!
Chia puddings are extremely easy to make. You can make them the night before and wake up to a delicious quick and wholesome breakfast. They come in a myriad of flavors, and for me that's the best part -- making something new and fun each time. So this time I made it with strawberries and cocoa butter and the result was ♥.
P.S. Be sure to also check out this overnight raw vegan "nutella" chia pudding recipe!Print
Strawberry White Chocolate Raw Chia Pudding
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min - overnight
- Total Time: 52 minute
- Yield: 2 small breakfast bowls
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Add more milk for a runnier pudding)
- 1 tbsp melted cocoa butter (white cocoa butter, not coconut butter)
- 3 soft medjool dates
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (or a tiny pinch raw ground vanilla bean)
- ⅛ tsp almond extract (optional)
- ½ cup white chia seeds (black would work too, but I liked how the white looked in this :) )
- 4 fresh strawberries (or more to taste)
- Place all ingredients, except for chia seeds and strawberries, and process until the mixture is smooth. Add in chia seeds and process for just a few seconds to work them in (without actually grinding them them in). Alternatively, just mix the chia seeds in by hand.
- Divide the mixture equally between 2 small glass containers, bowls, or cups. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 20 minutes to allow the mixture to gel up.
- Prior to eating, chop the strawberries finely and mix them into the pudding. Enjoy!
P.S. Be sure to also check out this overnight raw vegan "nutella" chia pudding recipe!
All of a sudden I'm obsessing over white chocolate when I never cared about it before! I'm definitely gonna try this.
Thanks so much, Mila!