After making this strawberry white chocolate chia pudding, I couldn't resist trying out other flavors. So I endeavored to make a "nutella" version. After all, who wouldn't like to have some Nutella for breakfast? ;) I love having this raw vegan "nutella" chia pudding because it's packed with nutrition, it's dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and absolutely delicious!
You'll need to have some hazelnut milk on hand, or make a fresh batch. I made mine from scratch -- super easy, but does require some soaking time. But it's totally worth it!
- ⅔ cup hazelnuts, pre-soaked for at least a few hours
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (use raw cacao for raw version)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (or a pinch of raw ground vanilla bean)
- Optional: a few drops of pure hazelnut extract (I didn't use it, but if you feel like some extra hazel-nutty flavor, I think this will work well)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Strain the hazelnuts and put them in a blender. Add in 1 ⅓ cups fresh water and blend until smooth. Strain the milk into a clean bowl through a cheesecloth or a nut milk bag to get rid of the pulp (can use pulp for baking, compost, or feed to your dog -- mine love it :) ). Congrats, you have now made some hazelnut milk!
- Add the strained hazelnut milk back into the blender. Add in all remaining ingredients, except chia seeds, and process until mixture is smooth. Add in chia seeds and blend for just a few seconds to mix them in.
- Transfer everything into a glass bowl and place in the fridge overnight (or for at least 20 minutes) for the chia seeds to soak up some moisture and gel up. Enjoy!
- I topped mine with some chopped nuts and seeds and it was absolutely delicious!