Well, dang it! Just as I started getting into all kinds of autumnal desserts it starts snowing! :P So I'm hurrying to let you in on one of my latest kitchen creations -- the fusion of a few of my most favorite things: chocolate and brownies, peanut butter, and pumpkin pie. Super simple recipe, but so, so good!
This pie is of course a no-bake treat, making it a breeze to make as always -- just blend and process some stuff and the rest is waiting time. But the result is a creamy, dreamy, lush pumpkin pie meets peanut butter pie sort of a deal.
For the crust here I borrowed the base from this equally tasty peanut butter cake I shared a recipe for a little while back. I used almond flour as the base here, but if you're not a fan of almonds for any reason, feel free to use another nut flour of your choice. Likewise feel free to replace the almond milk with another plant mylk of your choice. But I digress with boring technicalities here. Can we just take a moment to admire that tasty-looking brownie-like crust :) Amazing the infinite things that can be made from nuts and dates!
Pumpkin and peanut butter pair really well together. As does chocolate of course.. And anything peanut butter is always a winner in my books. That said, I know some will ask how the pb can be substituted in this pumpkin pie recipe. So answering per-emptively here: I'd probably go with cashew butter as my first choice. If not, then almond butter. If not then your choice of nut or seed butter from here on :) The only thing I'll say is that peanut butter is naturally very sweet and has a distinct strong flavor. So if you swap it with something else, you might need to add more sweetener to taste or adjust the flavors slightly.
And of course, last but not least -- if you're looking for more pumpkin recipes and recipes using pumpkin puree, you might be interested in some of the recipes featured here. And alternatively if you're interested in more peanut butter pie and other peanut butter deliciousness, type in peanut butter in the search box at the top of the site and enjoy all the pb goodness :)Print
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie
A delicious creamy no-bake gluten-free and vegan peanut butter and pumpkin pie with a chocolatey brownie crust.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 7" pie
- Category: Pies & Tarts
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 10 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
1. Process all crust ingredients in a food processor until the mixture begins to stick together and form a ball. Transfer the mixture into a 7" tart pan with a removable bottom and press down into a thin even crust along the base and edges of the pan. Freeze while working on the next step.
2. Blend all filling ingredients in a power blender until smooth and creamy. Transfer into the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
3. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When ready to eat, slice, thaw out lightly on the counter (5-10 mins) and enjoy!*
*Storage notes: keep leftovers frozen. Treat this pie like "ice cream" -- if you leave it out of the freezer too long it will begin to melt.
Keywords: peanut butter pumpkin pie (gluten-free vegan)