So I've been seeing a lot of balsamic strawberries on the web for quite some time now. I'm not quite sure why I never gave them a try -- perhaps it just seemed too simple a recipe? Or maybe it's because I love my strawberries just the way they are?
Either way, I've finally succumbed to the "foodie" pressure and made a batch of roasted balsamic strawberries and discovered what all the fuss has been about.
This stuff is golden! They go so well with so many things -- ice cream, yogurt, some vegan cream alternatives, and of course on their own too. In fact, I think I've been enjoying these waaaay too much. I hope you will too!
Serve strawberries and sauce warm with some ice cream, or cool them off to enjoy with some yogurt. Or just eat them as they are.
P.S. Here's an easy vegan yogurt recipe you can make with these strawberries.Print
Roasted Balsamic Strawberries
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 ½ cups strawberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 - 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add in strawberries and toss until they are well coated. Transfer the contents to the baking dish. Be sure to drizzle out all the sauce from the bowl into the baking dish too.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes and enjoy the aroma while you wait.