This is a deliciously soft cookie, with chewy and colorful pistachio bits and little sweet, melty white chocolate chips to seal the deal.
I'm so pleased with how these turned out. It's like a throw back to my high school/ uni days, when I used to live off coffee and things like soft white choc macadamia coffee shop-type cookies.
This nostalgic recreation turned out truly delightful. And I think the pistachios and white chocolate chips are a much better combo than macadamia. What do you think?
They're less crunchy, more flavorful, and way more colorful. To my mind it makes so much more sense in this kind of cookie.
But of course, if you want to swap the pistachios for macadamia, it's your call :) I won't judge -- both versions are delish.
The real reason for the timing of this recipe though is my excitement at coming across some vegan white chocolate chips while shopping the other day. I just had to take them out for a baking "test drive" and was very pleased with the results.
I don't normally advertise products (and this isn't a paid promotion). But since it's the first baking-friendly non-dairy white choc chip product I've come across in person, I included a pic of the brand I used above.
If you're in Canada -- I bought these at Superstore in the natural section. You can also find them on Well.ca. If you can't find this brand, try to see if there's something similar you can use instead (if you know of any good brands where you live, feel free to share what you used in the comments below).
Hopefully you can find some white choc chips to make this recipe work. You'll be in for a real treat!
Pistachio White Chocolate Chip Cookies
A delicious soft cookie, with chewy and colorful pistachio bits and of course little melty white chocolate chips to seal the deal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 6 cookies
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 tbsp white rice flour
- 2 tbsp creamy cashew butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp vegan white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Process all cookie base ingredients into a uniform mixture (using a small food processor). The consistency should be relatively moist, but you should be able to handle the dough between a little without it being too too sticky (some stickiness is ok, you just want to be able to handle the cookies a little while shaping). The mixture should look something like this at this stage:
- Add in the fold ins and process again very briefly just to incorporate them in lightly.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop with a release trigger (or just carefully spoon out some of the mixture with a spoon and lightly shape into a ball with your hands) to scoop up some of the mixture onto the cookie sheet. Flatten gently with your hands and round off the edges of the cookie a little to form a flat round shape and to press back in any little renegade chips or pistachio bits that decided to fall away at this stage. Repeat with the rest of the dough (you should get 6 cookies).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 8 minutes, or until the edges become golden. Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then enjoy!
Keywords: white chocolate chip cookies, pistachio white chocolate chip cookies, pistachio cookies, dairy-free white chocolate chip cookies, white choc chip cookies
Can't wait to try this recipe, Audrey! I've found Pascha brand vegan white chocolate chips here in the states. Yum! https://paschachocolate.com/collections/dark-chocolate-chips/products/white-rice-milk-chocolate-chips?variant=16945280254009
p.s. You can usually buy a single bag on their site ;)
Sweet! Thanks for the link. I've seen those when having a quick look online but haven't had the opportunity to try them out -- yet! :)
These sound delicious. Any suggestions for the substitution of rice flour? We have a rice intolerance here. Sorry to ask..
Hi Tracy. Can try oat flour or a gf baking mix (that works for you). Or regular flour if not gf. I haven't tried these options here personally, but know they've worked for people on similar cookie recipes I've shared in the past, so should work fine here too.
These look amazing. Going to make and serve for friends weekend after next.
I live in the uk. But found some white chocolate pieces from Pana, an Australian brand who are RSF! So I’m excited to try them.
Thanks for this. What a lovely combination for a cookie.
Bakeable RSF white choc chips? That sounds great. Do you know what the sweetener in them is? :) Enjoy the cookies!
Coconut sugar! Once they arrive I’ll let you know what they’re like.
Ok, that sounds pretty awesome! Yeah, def curious to hear how they work out.