Chocolate avocado mousse. So simple. So satisfying. So instant...
I know a chocolate avo mousse isn't exactly a new item. In fact it even already happened on the blog. As did lots of avocado things (I confess: I may have an avocado problem). But I have a secret motivation for making a dedicated page for this delicious little treat today...
I've been thinking with so many Valentine's recipes going around... what about the single lady dessert?! You know, that time for me indulgent little something treat... Yep, chocolate does the trick!
Not that I'm a single lady, but I still need a little just for me treats some days. Espresso & chocolate to the rescue.
You know what's also nice about a me only treat? You can customize it to your liking. A little more sweet, a little more cocoa for those that like it dark, a little Kahlua if you want to get naughty... with added berries or fresh coconut whip. So good so many ways.
I also have been enjoying the simple avocado mousse with a hint of espresso. In the past I used to always add a hint of unsulphured blackstrap molasses for that extra little flavor kick, but I found recently that a hint of espresso powder makes this chocolatey mousse a few notches more satisfying. Also raw ground vanilla bean -- the most beautiful flavor in the world if you can get your hands on some ✨
P.S. This makes a really great frosting too. As you can see I piped the mousse pictured -- it pipes beautifully and holds its shape well. So if you need a new chocolate frosting option, this is a good one to have up your sleeve.Print
Espresso Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Simple, satisfying chocolate avocado mousse recipe, ready in an instant. Single serving, wonderful espresso flavor. Doubles as vegan frosting. Gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving (or 2 tiny serves)
- Category: Mousse
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Dessert
- ½ medium avocado (ripe but not over-ripe)
- 3.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp raw ground vanilla bean (or 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract)
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon instant espresso powder (to taste)
- optional: ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Process all ingredients in the small bowl of a food processor into a smooth consistency (double batch if you only have a large processor, or use an immersion blender instead since it's a small batch recipe). Note: depending on size / ripeness of avocado the consistency can vary slightly. If it seems a bit too runny, add a touch more cocoa powder. If too solid, add a touch of plant-based milk or a bit more avocado. Enjoy as an instant chocolate mousse or use as frosting as needed.