These chocolate dipped vegan strawberry yogurt pops are probably the best frozen pops I've ever had. Don't mean to toot my own horn, but really, they are so good. Creamy, smooth, sweet and slightly tangy, and they're covered in this vegan magic shell I told you about yesterday — sweet! They're so good I'm having them right now in -20 weather, and I'm a coldy, so that should tell you something ;) .
So there are a few ways to make these, which I'll outline below.Print
Method 1 (Fast, Easy & Raw)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- ½ a pint strawberries
- ¼ cup liquid sweetener of your choice (I used maple syrup)
- juice of ¼ lemon
- 1-2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Method 2 (Roasted Balsamic Strawberries) <-- What I did
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until fully combined. Pour into popsicle molds and place in the freezer overnight.
- For the chocolate dip, prepare this diy gluten-free vegan magic shell recipe. Make sure it is cooled to room temperature. Pour it into a tall and narrow glass jar (like the mason jar used in the pic for that recipe or something similar) — it needs to be just wide enough for the popsicle to fit in, but otherwise the narrower and taller, the more of the yogurt pop will be coated.
- Once the yogurt pops are frozen, remove them from the molds one at a time. Sometimes it helps to run it under hot water for a few seconds to help the pops slide out of the mold. Dip each yogurt pop into the magic shell to coat for a few seconds. Pull it out and hold it upright for a few seconds to let it cool and harden. Enjoy these right away or freeze for later use.
Store in a freezer proof container or zip lock bag. Wrap each popsicle in some saran wrap or separate with some parchment paper prior to storing so that they separate easier.