These apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies are a total classic. They taste like a delicious cross between oatmeal raisin cookies and apple crumble. And they're surprisingly crispy yet soft at the same time in all the right ways.
If you like a good breakfast cookie, you'll be in for a real treat with these chunky apple cinnamon cookies. Also, your house will smell absolutely amazing when they bake :) -- it's like dessert and aromatherapy all in one!
This recipe is my husband's favorite, and one of my personal favorites to date. The texture is just perfect, and they're so full of flavor, with ingredients that are quite simple. Oats, apple chips, raisins, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt.
And of course they're gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, and made with no oil added.
Quick note on the recipe: I linked to the specific oats and apple chips I used as I think they're what makes these cookies, but of course just try to find whatever product is closest to that if these brands are not available where you are.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
A gluten-free vegan cookie made with apples, cinnamon, oatmeal, and raisins. This recipe is also refined sugar-free and oil-free.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 8 cookies
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Line a cookie tray with some parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process briefly to combine everything together.
- Use a small cookie scoop, or simply gather about 1 ½ tablespoon of the mixture with a spoon and roll into a ball with your hands, then flatten into a disk, evening out the edges as needed. Place on the prepared cookie sheet, and repeat with remaining dough (you should get about 8 cookies). Space them out roughly an inch apart. Then try to flatten them some more with your fingers.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 12 minutes until they are nicely browned. Then remove and cool the tray on a cooling rack for about 10 mins (or more). Enjoy!
*The apple chips I used here are from Bare. Note that they're a super crisp and crunchy kind, not soft and chewy apple chip variety. This is important for the crisper consistency of the cookies. I weighed them because they're very large chips, so it's hard to measure in cups, but 30 gr equals a very loosely packed ¾ cup if that measurement is easier.
Keywords: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
P.S. If you're looking for other cookie recipes, check this collection of the best vegan & gluten-free cookies from the blog.