A chewy roll up cookie with a delightful prune filling, with just the right balance between sweet and tart.
1. Place the prunes in a small dish with the orange juice and set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Process all cookie dough ingredients in a mini food processor until the mixture begins to form a ball (note if the mixture is too sticky, add a bit more flour, if too dry, add a bit more maple syrup).
3. Form the mixture into a ball with your hands and knead briefly, then flatten into a disk. Place the disk between two sheets of parchment paper on a flat surface and use a rolling pin to roll out into an ⅛” thickness, and roughly the shape of a rectangle. Remove the top layer of parchment and set aside (leaving the base resting on the bottom parchment sheet for now). Set aside.
4. Once the prunes have soaked, add the prune and orange juice mixture, along with all remaining filling ingredients into a mini food processor and process to combine into a thick and slightly chunky mixture.
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
6. While the oven is pre-heating, spread the filling mixture in an even layer over the dough, leaving about ½ an inch clean all around the edges. Then, starting at one long edge of the rectangle, carefully roll up the two layers into a long, tight log (I use the bottom sheet of parchment paper to help by lifting one of the sides of the rolled out dough and rolling it up from there).
7. Transfer the cookie log along with the parchment paper it's on onto a cutting board. Carefully cut into slices that are about 1" thin. Then lift the parchment along with all the cookies and carefully transfer onto a baking sheet (leaving them in same position and spacing as when you sliced the log).
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes (or until they begin to golden up a little).
9. Cook on a wire rack for 10 minutes or so and enjoy! If you'd like, sprinkle them with some coconut milk powder prior to serving.
Keywords: prune cookies, vegan prune cookies, gluten-free prune cookies, gluten-free vegan prune cookies, vegan gluten-free prune cookies, prune roll up cookies, cookies with prune filling