A crispy and chewy cookie on the outside with a moist and fudgey brownie on the inside, filled with peanut butter. Vegan and gluten-free. Recipe from Incredible Plant-Based Desserts by Anthea Cheng.
Peanut Butter Filling
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. To make the cookies: Add all brownie cookie dry ingredients to a medium-size bowl. Mix until combined and there are no lumps. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix and squeeze with your hands until combined. The mixture should be pliable enough to be rolled into balls. Add a splash of milk if necessary.
3. Grab about 2 tbsp of the batter, roll into balls, and flatten on a lined baking tray. Leave some space in between the cookies for spreading. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the brownie cookies are dry to the touch. Allow them to cool on the baking tray and to set further.
4. To make the peanut butter filling: Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined. The filling should feel like a wet dough.
5. To assemble: Scoop the peanut butter filling on top of half of the brownie cookies. Sandwich the filling with the remainder of the brownie cookies.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the fridge for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Keywords: Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free)