Sweet and crunchy walnuts in a wholesome syrup sauce are perfect as an ice cream topping, or just as a sweet treat on their own. Refined sugar-free.
- 5 cups seedless green grapes
- 1 cup dark maple syrup
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 cups walnut halves (or chopped if you prefer)
1. Place all ingredients except walnuts in a medium-sized saucepan.
2. Bring the mixture to a light boil on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Let boil for a few minutes, then lower the temperature to medium-low and simmer for about 40 mins to allow the liquids to reduce, giving things a stir once in a while. Add walnuts and simmer for another 5 minutes.
3. Remove the saucepan from heat and allow the mixture to cool off a little, then transfer into glass jars and cool completely. Serve over ice cream, cakes, or just enjoy as a treat. Keep the jars refrigerated when not using.