A simple, wholesome raspberry jam recipe to make when it’s rhubarb season! Gluten-free and vegan recipe… super refreshing.
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb (I used frozen)
- 1 cup raspberries (I used wild)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (or another liquid sweetener of your choice)
- juice of 1 lemon (or roughly 3–4 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp agar agar flakes
- Place all ingredients except balsamic vinegar and agar agar in a sauce pan (I used a cast iron pot) and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the 15 minutes are up, add in the balsamic vinegar, stir, and allow the jam to continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the agar agar flakes until they are dissolved. Discard the cinnamon stick. Remove the jam from heat and transfer into a glass jar. Allow the jam to cool down to room temperature, then store in the fridge and use within a week or freeze for later use.