A delicious pairing of creamy vegan peanut butter cheesecake with a rich gluten-free (and grain-free) chocolate crust. Oil-free & cashew-free.
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ⅔ cup soft dates, pitted (I used honey dates)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 frozen bananas (roughly chopped or cut into thirds)
- ¾ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- cacao nibs, chocolate chunks, chocolate shavings, etc.
- Process all crust ingredients in a food processor until the mixture is combined and starts to form into a ball. Transfer to a 6″ springform pan and press down into a flat even crust along the bottom. Freeze while working on next step.
- Wipe out the processor to remove any remaining residues from the crust. Add all filling ingredients to the processor and process into a smooth creamy texture. Transfer this mixture into the springform pan over the crust. Tap the pan on the counter a few times (to release air bubbles) and smooth out the top of the cake with the back of a spoon. Decorate with desired toppings.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight to set. Remove from pan, slice and serve. Keep leftovers frozen.*
*Storage notes: treat this cake as you would ice cream. If left at room temperature it will begin to slowly melt as it thaws, so best to keep it frozen until serving time and give it a light thawing on the counter as needed (5-10 mins, until it slices easily).