These refined sugar-free and vegan ice-cream pops feature a melty mint base while the cacao nibs give just the right amount of crunch.
Ice Cream Base:
- 1 cup raw cashews, pre-soaked and strained*
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp mint extract
- ¼–½ tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp spirulina powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before starting**.
1) Blend all ice cream ingredients except cacao nibs in a high power blender until completely smooth.
2) Stir in cacao nibs.
3) For flat lay silicone pop molds, place mold on a small flat tray or cutting board and secure popsicle sticks into place. Divide and pour the mixture evenly between the mold cavities.
4) Place pops into the freezer for 5-6 hours to set.
5) To serve, carefully remove pops from mold and enjoy!
*To pre-soak nuts: place in a glass bowl, cover with water, and leave to soak for 4 hours (or overnight in the fridge). Then strain and discard the water.
For a quick pre-soak, cover with boiled water and soak for 15 mins, then strain and discard water. (Note: this technique doesn’t preserve the nutrition of the recipe as well as the traditional soaking technique above).
**If you have cold items, they’ll make the mixture firm up too quickly in the blender / if your items are extremely hot, like the cacao butter, they’ll cook the sugar in the blender and make the mixture clump up. Room temp or very slightly warm is idea.