A rich gluten-free banana bread with triple the chocolate. Moist, delicious vegan banana bread recipe, made without refined sugar.
- 4 ripe bananas (I used frozen ones that I thawed out)
- ½ cup olive oil (or any other baking oil)
- 1 cup maple syrup (or another liquid sweetener)
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chunks (chocolate chips would work too)
Chocolate Topping Ingredients:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (or carob powder)
- 3 tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice (I used maple syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place bananas, olive oil, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add all remaining bread ingredients, except chocolate chunks, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out dry. Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack or a serving dish to cool a bit more (unless you love your bread hot :) ).
- While cake is baking, prepare the chocolate topping by following the directions in this DIY Gluten-Free Vegan Magic Shell recipe (except you’re only making half the batch).
- Once the cake has cooled enough to your liking, drizzle with the chocolate topping and Enjoy! Refrigerate any leftovers.