A gluten-free vegan pumpkin bread, loaded with the goodness of raisins, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and some chopped dark chocolate, and spiced to perfection!
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (or 2 cups drained pureed cooked pumpkin)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- dash of salt
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill. Alternatively, you can use 1 ½ cups rice flour + ½ cup potato or tapioca starch)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 ½ tsp GF baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 cup of add-ins of your choice (I used some raisins, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and a bit of a chopped up dark chocolate bar. I imagine walnuts, chocolate chips, or cranberries would work great too)
- 1 tbsp extra pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a bread loaf pan with some parchment paper, or oil and set aside.
- Place pumpkin puree, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, spices, and salt into a large mixing bowl and blend together using an immersion blender. Note: if you don’t have an immersion blender, blend these ingredients together in a blender and then transfer into a mixing bowl).
- Add in all remaining ingredients, except for the add-ins and extra pumpkin seeds, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon to combine. Fold in the add-ins.
- Transfer the mixture into your bread loaf pan and smooth out. Gently tap the pan on the counter a few times to eliminate any air bubbles. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 55 mins. to an hour. Don’t forget to enjoy the aromas filling your house while it’s baking ;). Test with a wooden skewer down the center to make sure it comes out dry. Once baked, transfer onto a cooling rack and let the pumpkin bread cook for at least 10 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!