Make this raw vegan cheesecake when you feel like something different….it’s cashew-free, refreshing, and has a surprising flavor twist. Gluten-free.
- ½ cup raw pine nuts
- 1 soft medjool date
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ¾ cup raw pine nuts
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp lime juice (can do a bit less / adjust to taste if you don’t like a strong citrus flavor)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (I used an unscented kind — so no coconut flavor)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp dried tarragon (spice)
- ¼ tsp salt
- more fresh pine nuts
- dried edible heather flowers (the little pink specs)
- fresh strawberry flowers (the white flowers)
- non-edible decorative dried sprigs
- Process all crust ingredients into a sticky crumble in a food processor. Transfer to a 4″ springform pan (or make a few mini-cupcakes / use a lined small dish of a similar size) and press down into am even crust along the base. Place the pan in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a high-speed blender into a smooth consistency. Pour this mixture into the springform pan. Decorate with any toppings and freeze for 5-6 hours (or overnight) to set. Enjoy! Store leftovers in the freezer.