A simple, raw nut-free cheesecake combining the exotic Mediterranean tastes of orange blossom and tahini. Vegan and gluten-free.
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (or almonds, cashews, etc. if not nut-free)
- 4 soft medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tbsp agave
- ½ cup hulled tahini
- 6 tbsp non-dairy yogurt of your choice (I used agave-sweetened soy yogurt)
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp orange blossom water (or more for a stronger flavor)
- a few tbsp extra of non-dairy yogurt for swirls, edible white mums, a few sprigs of non-edible baby’s breath flowers. Or use other edible flowers, such as rose buds and petals.
- Process all crust ingredients into a sticky crumbly mixture. Transfer into a 4″ springform pan and press down into an even thin crust along the base and ¾ of the way up the walls. Freeze while working on the next step.
- Blend the filling ingredients into a smooth mixture (a power blender works best). Pour this mixture into the pan over the crust and smooth out the top. Swirl in some of the topping yogurt over the top and freeze for 5 hours or overnight for the cake to set. I decorated my cake with edible fresh flowers prior to serving, but if you’re using dried flowers / petals, you can decorate with them before you freeze. Slice, serve, and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.