Cozy, juicy plum crumble recipe made with gluten-free oats and vegan ice cream. Perfect autumn/ winter recipe, refined sugar-free.
- 5 medium-small plums, de-stoned and rough chopped
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp gluten-free quick oats (or use sliced almonds for a grain / oat-free version)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a small baking dish (I used a medium-sized ceramic 22 oz / 3 cups oval baking dish, but anything of a similar size will do).
- Place all plum base ingredients in the baking dish and toss / stir around to combine (make sure the dish is not filled to the top — you need a good 1″ clearance to the top in there because the mixture will rise and then drop back down as it cooks, so don’t over-fill).
- Sprinkle evenly with the quick oats. Drizzle the additional maple syrup on top of the oats. Sprinkle with some cinnamon (optional).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 1 hour. Remove and allow the crumble to cool off a bit (or a lot of you like it cold). Top with an ice cream of your choice (see notes above recipe for ice cream recipe recommendations) and serve. Enjoy!