A grain-free easy apple crisp recipe, made with warm spices and topped with slivered almonds. Vegan apple crumble with paleo options. Naturally refined sugar-free and gluten-free.
- 6 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 tbsp non-dairy butter (or neutral tasting coconut oil), softened or melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: a handful of raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil a pie dish (or any similar size pan) and set aside.
- Mix all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl. Transfer to the pie dish and spread evenly.
- Mix all topping ingredients (except slivered almonds reserved for garnish, if using) in a separate small mixing bowl until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples in the pie dish. Garnish with slivered almonds if desired.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approx 30 minutes, until the crumble turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately (with a side of vegan vanilla ice-cream, non-dairy yogurt, or whipped cream — highly recommended) or chill if you like your apple crumble cold (makes a great gluten-free vegan breakfast!). Enjoy!