This eggnog recipe is a wholesome vegan spin on the traditional drink. Made without dairy, eggs, refined sugar, and free from soy and coconut — the common commercial alternatives.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 5–6 soft pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (optional: + more for sprinkling)
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Place cashews in a glass bowl and cover with very hot water. Allow cashews to soak for about 10 minutes, then strain and discard water (this is to soften them quickly. If you want to keep the recipe raw, pre-soak cashews for at least an hour in room-temp water)(Note: if your dates are hard, soak them along with the cashews).
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and process on high for a few minutes until consistency is very smooth and everything is blended together.
- Serve warm (it’ll be warm-ish from the blender), sprinkled with a dash of nutmeg on top, or chill and enjoy cold later (you can also add a few ice cubes to the blender to have a chilled version right away). Enjoy!
Feel free to add 1-2 tbsp rum or rum extract for that kind of ‘nog…