These chewy sesame and chia seed snack bars work as a great light snack or a breakfast on-the-go. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and oil-free.
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup white chia seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- melted chocolate of your choice for dipping or drizzling
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a small baking tray (I used one that’s 7.5″ x 9.5″, but anything of a similar size will do) with some parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir everything together to combine. Let sit for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- After the 15 mins have passed, give the mixture another stir to make sure it’s well-combined. Then transfer it into the prepared baking tray. Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 1hr and 10 mins. Remove from oven and cool on a rack for about an hour. Once completely cooled, cut into bars and enjoy!*
* Storage notes: the bars can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container, if consumed within 2-3 days. Otherwise they can be stored in the fridge for a longer shelf-life, or frozen for later use.