A soft, chocolatey, marshmallowy mini raw candy bar with a melt-in-your-mouth hemp filling. Dairy-free and gluten-free.
- ¾ cup hemp hearts
- 5 soft medjool dates, pitted (the fresher the better)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened (at room temperature)
- ½ tsp raw ground vanilla bean (or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, though the fresh vanilla is much better)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of your choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/16 tsp salt
Optional decorative toppings:
- chocolate shavings, cacao nibs, hemp hearts
- Process all filling ingredients, except maple syrup, in a food processor until just combined (don’t over-process). Add maple syrup and process once again to briefly combine. Line a medium/small tupperware container with some parchment paper (I used a 7″ x 5″ x 2″). Transfer the mixture into the container and flatten, pressing it down evenly into a “block”. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm to the touch.
- Melt the chocolate, coconut oil, and salt together (double boiler method or microwave). Set aside. Have your toppings handy and a small tray lined with parchment paper to set the final product on.
- Remove the filling from the freezer. Transfer the set filling block onto a cutting board. Trim off any uneven edges and cut into 8 rectangles. Dunk each rectangle in the melted chocolate to coat, wipe off any excess chocolate by running the fork tines over the rim of the melted chocolate dish. Set on the tray to set. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Sprinkle with any toppings if using. Drizzle with a bit of the remaining chocolate if you like. Place in the fridge or freezer for 20 mins more to set. Enjoy! Keep leftovers refrigerated.