Delicious raw, nut-free, and extremely simple ice box cake with sneaky veggies inside! Spiced vegan dessert recipe. Gluten-free.
- ¾ cup dried white mulberries (or cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, etc.)
- 2 soft medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups raw butternut squash, rough chopped (peeled and de-seeded)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp rose water
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cardamom (or cinnamon)
- more white dried mulberries (or some of the nuts/seeds used in crust), edible rose buds, black sesame seeds
- Process all crust ingredients in a food processor into a fine sticky crumble. Transfer into a 5″ springform pan and press down into a flat crust. Freeze while working on next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients together into a smooth mixture. Transfer into the springform pan over the crust. Smooth out the top. Decorate with desired toppings. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight to allow cake to set. Carefully remove out of the pan, thaw out slightly and enjoy! (Store leftovers in the freezer).