Delicious dairy-free lemon cream bars with a touch of ginger zing, and naturally derived yellow color from turmeric. Gluten-free.
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut butter (manna), slightly warmed / softened for easier blending
- ¼ cup lemon juice, at room temp
- ¼ cup agave
- 1 tsp ground ginger (spice)
- ½ tsp turmeric (spice)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp lemon extract
- ¼ cup coconut butter (manna), slightly warmed / soft for easier blending
- ½ cup plant milk of your choice (I used soy milk), at room temp
- ¼ cup agave
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, at room temp
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- ⅛ tsp poppy seeds, crushed pineapple chips, dried sunflower petals
- Process all yellow layer ingredients to combine in a food processor. Transfer this mixture into a lined tupperware container or medium-sized bread loaf pan (I used one that’s 8″ x 4″). Press down into an even layer. Cover with a small piece of parchment paper and press down once again with a flat-bottomed object to make sure that layer is smooth (I like to think of it as “ironing” :) ). Remove the parchment from the top and place the pan in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Clean out the food processor (so there’s no discoloration of the white layer). Process all white layer ingredients until smooth. Pour this mixture over the yellow layer in the pan. Allow to sit a minute, then sprinkle and decorate with toppings (if using). Note: if your mixture is too warmed up (very liquid), the poppy seeds might sink in a bit, so if that’s the case best to chill the pan for 15-20 mins first, then sprinkle with the toppings. Freeze for 5 hours or overnight for the bars to set. Trim off uneven edges and slice into bars and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.