A slightly caramely, rich fudgey hemp butter spread for when you’re craving a healthier version of Nutella.
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp carob powder (I used toasted, but raw will work too)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp raw ground vanilla bean
- ½ tsp salt
- UPDATE: optional — for a creamier version with a twist, add 1/2 a banana!
- Process all ingredients together into a smooth butter consistency in a food processor (Edit: process on the gentlest setting and don’t over-process — you don’t want the mixture to heat up in the process or else the sweetener in it will seize up). Transfer into a small glass jar and refrigerate when not in use. Enjoy!
Note: the spread will firm up a bit when refrigerated. Add a bit more water to the recipe for a thinner consistency if you like.
*Feel free to use cacao powder instead of carob for a chocolatey version. You may need to add a bit more sweetener to taste, as carob is naturally sweeter than cacao.