Creamy vegan cheesecake with a mix of tangy cranberries and fragrant rose water. Raw and naturally gluten-free.
- ¾ cup pecans, pre-soaked and strained
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries
- ½ tsp raw ground vanilla beans (or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- 1½ cups cashews, pre-soaked and strained
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- ½ tbsp rose water (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh cranberries (room temp)
Cranberry topping layer:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (room temp)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 (or more) fresh cranberries (sliced in half)
- Process all base layer ingredients into a fine crumble in a food processor. Scoop the mixture into the cake pan (dividing evenly between the 12 cake molds, or simply empty into your springform pan). Press ingredients down until an even layer is formed. Place in freezer, while working on the next step.
- Blend all cheesecake layer ingredients in a power blender until smooth (you may need to pause and scrape down the sides a few times throughout blending if not using a power blender).
- Remove cake pan from freezer. Scoop out cheesecake layer ingredients into the cake pan on top of the base layer (divide into 12 equal parts if using the mini cheesecake pan). Tap the pan a few times on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Place back in the freezer while making the topping.
- Blend all cranberry topping layer ingredients (except for the optional 6 cranberries) in a power blender (you don’t really need to clean out the blender from the previous step, so long as you scooped it well. Any leftovers will blend in nicely into the topping layer). Process until smooth.
- Remove cake pan from the freezer. Pour topping layer ingredients evenly on top of the cheesecake layer. Decorate with sliced cranberries if desired.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Remove from pan and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.