Vegan chocolate chip vanilla ice cream bars with a chewy chocolate base. Perfect grab-and-go snack! Refined sugar-free.
- ½ cup raw cashews (or another nut)
- 2 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp raw ground vanilla bean (or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- ½ cup raw cashews, pre-soaked and strained
- 2 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp raw ground vanilla bean
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips (or chopped raw chocolate bar)
- Process all crust ingredients in a food processor into a sticky crumbly mixture. Transfer into a small parchment-lined tupperware container (I used one that’s 3″ x 5.5″) or a 4″ springform pan and press down into a flat even crust. Freeze while working on the next layer.
- Make sure all filling ingredients are at room temp. Blend everything, except chocolate chips, in a high power blender into a smooth uniform consistency. Stir in 3 tbsp of the chocolate chips and then scoop the mixture over the prepared crust. Tap the container on the counter lightly to flatten, then sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp chocolate chips. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. Remove from container, trim off the edges (if desired), slice and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.