A fun, natural blue-green raw cashew cheesecake embellished with starfruit and coconut sugar “sand”. Vegan and gluten-free.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 soft medjool date
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cashews (ideally not soaked, but if you don’t have a power blender, then — pre-soak first)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp spirullina powder + ¼ tsp more spirulina powder
- 1 starfruit, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (for sand)
- Process all crust ingredients, except maple syrup, into a crumble in a food processor. Add maple and process again to combine. Transfer this mixture into a 5″ springform pan and press down into a crust.
- Blend all filling ingredients, except for ¼ tsp of the spirulina powder (so only use the ⅛ tsp at this stage), into a completely smooth consistency. Remove about ⅓ cup of this mixture and set aside. Add the remaining ¼ tsp spirulina and blend once again to combine.
- Pour the blended mixture over the cake crust. Spoon the lighter mixture on top bit by bit, and swirl it in gently. Decorate with starfruit and sprinkle with “sand” if desired. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.