- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots (preferably unsulphured)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 2 tbsp agave (or maple syrup)
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Line a 6″ springform pan with a large piece of plastic wrap (leaving the edges to hang over the rim along the sides). Evenly sprinkle the sliced almonds along the base of the pan. Set aside.
- Process all remaining ingredients in a food processor into a sticky mixture with a fine crumb to it (don’t over-process into a paste!). Carefully spoon this mixture into the pan over the sliced almonds. Even it out with the back of a spoon and flatten it into a disk as best as you can. Cover with the plastic wrap edges. Freeze for 2 hours to set until firm. Unwrap, slice and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.