A classic gluten-free hand pie with an almond sorghum crust and gooey raspberry jam filling. Dairy-free.
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Raspberry jam of your choice (I used St. Dalfour’s fruit-sweetened raspberry jam)
- raw sucanat for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Process all cookie ingredients in a food processor into a uniform sticky mixture. Lump into a ball of dough and flatten into a disk. Roll out the dough flat into 1/16″. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out as many hearts as you can. Transfer 5 of them onto the cookie sheet, spaced about 1″ apart for easier handling. Spoon ½ tbsp jam onto the center of each heart, leaving the edges clean all around. Cover with any remaining cut-out hearts and pinch the sides closed by pressing down evenly all around with your fingers. Roll out remaining dough from the leftover scraps to create more hearts to cover remaining cookies and pinching the sides closed. Optional: use a fork to press the dough down along the edges all around.
- Use a knife to cut a tiny slit in the center of each cookie. Optional: sprinkle with raw sucanat if using.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 mins. Cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy!