A simple, decadent marzipan inspired almond cake topped with fresh raspberries. Raw vegan cake made without cashews. Rich, rustic, and fudgey. Gluten-free.
- ¾ cup raw (or toasted) almonds (or a nut or seed of your choice)
- 1 soft medjool date, pitted
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 5 tbsp smooth natural almond butter
- 5 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied (but not hot!)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- dash of salt
- fresh raspberries, cacao nibs or shaved chocolate
- Process all crust ingredients into a fine sticky crumble in a food processor. Transfer into a 5″ springform pan and press into a crust with your fingers, covering the base and wall edges all the way to the top (I made the wall edges thinner and the base thicker). Freeze while working on next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a blender into a smooth consistency. Transfer into the cake pan over the prepared crust and smooth out the top with a spoon. Top with raspberries or other toppings.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Thaw out a few minutes prior to serving and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.