An exotic tasting orange blossom and pistachio raw vegan cake made with an avocado base. Oil-free.
- 2 medium avocados, de-seeded and peeled
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp orange blossom water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup raw pistachios
- Chopped pistachios for sprinkling, edible flowers (I used white Chrysanthemums for the cake in photos)
- Place all crust ingredients, except maple syrup, into a food processor and process into a crumble. Add maple syrup and process again into a sticky crumble. Transfer this mixture into a 5″ springform pan and press into a crust along the base and sides. Place in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients, except pistachios, in a power blender until a smooth mixture forms (you may need to pause and scrape down the sides, or use your Vitamix tamper). Add in pistachios and pulse or blend so that they are not fully blended and you can still see visible specs in the filling. Transfer the mixture into your prepared crust shell. Carefully smooth out the top to even it out. Sprinkle with any decorative toppings. Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight. Enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.