A creamy, nut-free vegan baked cheesecake with a sunflower butter and yogurt base.
- 1½ cups raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or sunflower seeds
- 8 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt (I used an agave-sweetened one)
- ¾ cup sunflower seed butter
- 8 tbsp agave (or maple syrup, coconut syrup, etc.)
- juice of 1 lemon (I used a meyer lemon)
- 2 tbsp apricot jam (I used St. Dalfour’s fruit-sweetened jam)
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a tall 6″ springform pan (base and sides) and set aside.
- Process all crust ingredients in a food processor into a fine sticky crumble. Transfer into the oiled pan press down to shape into a crust with your hands along the base and sides of the pan (Tip: make sure you “seal” the gap in the base when shaping the crust — i.e. don’t leave cracks in the crust, so that the filling doesn’t leak out anywhere while baking). Set aside.
- Blend all filling ingredients into a smooth mixture in a power blender. Pour over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 mins until the top is nice and golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack completely (a few hours or overnight is best)(note the top will sink as it cools, which is normal). Remove from pan, slice and enjoy. Store leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy!