A raw, vegan cashew based cheesecake bringing together the unique flavors of tahini and berries. Gluten-free.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 soft medjool date
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maqui berry powder
- ½ cup raw cashews, pre-soaked and strained
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 2 tbsp maqui berry powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 1½ tbsp tahini (use a kind that tastes good to you)
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp raw ground vanilla bean(or another tsp extract — but ground is recommended for best flavor)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Process all crust ingredients, except maple syrup, in a food processor until a sticky crumble is formed. Add maple syrup and process again to combine. Transfer the mixture into a 4″ springform pan and press to form a crust along the base and a bit up the edges all around. Place the pan in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a power blender until completely smooth. Pour this mixture into the pan over the crust. Smooth out the top. Decorate with toppings.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Thaw out a touch and enjoy! Keep leftovers frozen.