A delicious mini raw dark chocolate bar packed with magnesium rich pumpkin seeds. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted or raw
- 8 soft dried black mission figs (remove and discard any hard stems)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ a small ripe avocado (peeled and de-seeded)
- 1 tsp raw ground vanilla bean (or use some fresh vanilla bean or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped / chips / chunks of dark chocolate of your choice
- 1 – 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Place all ingredients, apart from melting chocolate and coconut oil, in a food processor and process into a sticky mass.
- Line a bread loaf pan (or anything of a similar size) with parchment paper. Transfer the processed mixture into the lined pan and press down into a smooth flat block. Place in the freezer for about 1 hour until the mixture firms up.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and place it in the freezer as well to chill (a cold tray will help your chocolates to set faster in a later step).
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl. Remove the chilled pan from the freezer. Lift the block out of the pan, trim the edges, and cut into bars (or smaller squares if you prefer). Place each bar on a fork, dip into the melted chocolate to coat all around. Run the bottom of the fork along the edge of the bowl to get rid of any excess chocolate. Then place on the chilled lined tray. Repeat until you coat all the bars. Decorate with desired toppings, drizzle with a bit of the extra melted chocolate, and place in the fridge or freezer to set for about 20 mins until the chocolate coating is firm to the touch. Enjoy! Keep bars refrigerated (or freeze some for later use).