Soft, chewy, fudgey cookie sandwich filled with rich vegan banana ice cream. Dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
- 7 tbsp white rice flour (I used a finely ground one)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
Ice Cream Filling:
- 3 frozen bananas
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Process all sandwich part ingredients in a food processor until the mixture begins to form a ball (note if the mixture is too runny, add a bit more flour, if too dry, add a bit more maple syrup, since the consistency may vary depending on the cashew butter’s consistency). Form the mixture into a ball with your hands and knead briefly, then flatten into a disk. Roll the disk out with a rolling pin between two sheets of parchment into approx. an ⅛” consistency. Use the round base of a 4″ springform pan to trace a circle in the dough, cut out the circle and set aside for a moment (this will be the top of your sandwich). Gather the remaining dough, form into a ball then flatten into a disk and roll it out a bit to roughly the size of the springform pan base again. Return the base of your springform pan into the pan. Place the disk of dough inside the assembled pan and press down into a flat crust (this will be the bottom of your ice cream sandwich). Set aside.
- Blend all ice cream ingredients in a high power blender into a smooth consistency (use the tamper if using a vitamix to get best results). Pour this filling over the base layer in the springform pan and tap the pan down to smooth out the top. Place the pan in the freezer for 1 hour to allow the mixture to firm up a bit.
- Once the mixture is a little bit firmer to the touch, remove from freezer and carefully place the top sandwich layer circle (which you’ve prepared and set aside in step 1) on top of the ice cream layer. Return back to the freezer and freeze for an additional 3-4 hours to let the mixture fully set. Then remove from the springform pan, cut into 6 pieces and enjoy! (Store leftovers in the freezer).