- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp very warm water
- 2 ½ cups almonds
- ⅓ cup liquid sweetener of your choice (I used maple syrup)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted or very soft
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup raspberry jam of your choice (see notes above)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 baking dish (or anything of a similar size) with some parchment paper.
- Make a flax egg by mixing the ground flax in warm water in a small cup. Stir and set aside to gel for a few minutes.
- Process almonds in a food processor until ground just slightly coarser than almond flour. Add in your sweetener, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and flax egg, and process until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 22 minutes until the base becomes slightly golden and springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven (keep oven running though). Spread raspberry jam evenly over the top. Sprinkle sliced almonds evenly on top of the jam. Return back to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the almonds begin to get slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Once cool, cut into squares and enjoy. I like these warm personally, but my husband likes chilled desserts better, so if you’re that kind of person then just refrigerate for an hour or two to chill.