*Recipe is adapted from Taste.com.au.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted or very soft
- ¼ cup liquid sweetener of your choice (I used maple syrup)
- ½ tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup natural smooth/creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup vegan mini marshmallows (I used Dandies)
- ½ cup natural smooth peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (chilled in the fridge overnight)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Use some cacao nibs or chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the finished pie. Or top with some whipped cream or chopped roasted peanuts. Or drizzle with chocolate sauce… Or leave it “nude” — it’s delicious either way :)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil a tart pan and set aside.
- Place all crust ingredients into a large mixing bowl, except for coconut flour, potato starch, and cocoa powder. Use an immersion blender to mix all the ingredients together until smooth. Note: if you don’t have an immersion blender, you can do this in a food processor or by hand too. Add in remaining crust ingredients and mix the mixture by hand, kneading it lightly until a sticky soft dough forms. Transfer this dough into your tart dish and press it down and spread it evenly throughout the pan (base and edges) using your hands until it’s shaped and molded to the tart pan shape. Use a fork to pierce some holes along the base of the crust to prevent bubbling while baking. Place in the oven and bake for 22 minutes. Remove from oven and cool a on a rack.
- While the pie crust is baking you can work on the filling. Place the coconut oil in a saucepan and allow it to melt on medium-low heat. Add in marshmallows and stir the mixture (frequently) to melt the marshmallows. When they are somewhat melted, add in the peanut butter and salt and continue to stir until the marshmallows are melted into the pb and the mixture is uniform. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Open your can of chilled full fat coconut milk and scoop out just the white part (not the water) into a small mixing bowl (Reserve the remaining water for other uses or discard). Add in vanilla and use a mixer to whip up the mixture into whipped cream. Add in the pb & marshmallow mixture and mix everything to combine. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust. Allow it to cool off to room temperature and then place in the fridge to set for at least 3-4 hours.
I made a mini tart (7″ pan), but you can easily double this recipe for a full size tart pan.