An incredibly moist and lush gluten-free vegan chocolate bundt cake with a great consistency. Drizzled with chocolate sauce takes it to the next level!
Cake Wet Ingredients:
- 415 gr ripe persimmons, de-stemmed (365 gr after stems removed) and quartered*
- 3 small ripe bananas (just under 300 gr when peeled)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
Cake Dry Ingredients:
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch**
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1–2 tbsp non-dairy coconut milk powder for dusting***
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil a 9″ bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Place all wet ingredients into a blender and blend into a smooth and uniform mixture. Transfer into a large mixing bowl. Note: persimmon tends to gel up very easily once blended, so if you leave your mixture to sit in the blender for a bit and it gels up, simply re-blend for a few seconds and the mixture will liquefy again.
- Add dry cake ingredients and mix with a hand mixer (or spatula) until everything is combined and uniform.
- Pour into your prepared pan and bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes (or until a skewer inserted down the center comes out dry. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, dust the cake with some of the coconut milk powder using a sieve. And enjoy!
*That’s about 2 medium-sized persimmons.
**Tapioca or arrowroot starch would work too.
***Keep an eye out on the ingredients in the coconut milk powder, as some contain dairy as an additive.