This no-bake rich chocolate, almond, and apricot pie comes together in a snap and makes a wonderfully decadent, wholesome treat. This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and coconut-free.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of your choice
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 1 tbsp hot water*
- 3 soft medjool dates, pitted
- ¾ cup smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup fruit-sweetened apricot jam (I used St. Dalfour jam for this)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of your choice
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- sliced almonds, cacao nibs / chopped chocolate or chocolate shavings, edible dried rose petals (for a pop of color)
- Process all crust ingredients in a food processor into a fine sticky crumble. Transfer this mixture into a 7″ pie plate with a removable bottom (or a parchment lined dish of a similar size), and press down into a crust along the base and edges. Freeze while working on the next step.
- Wipe out the food processor bowl. Place all filling ingredients and process on pulse and very briefly to combine. Note: be careful not to over-process as the mixture will start to heat up and the oils will begin to separate. Only a brief pulsing action is needed for this step to combine the almond apricot layer filling. Once combined, transfer the mixture over the crust into the prepared pie plate. Smooth out the top and freeze while working on next step.
- Melt your chocolate. Stir the almond butter into the melted chocolate mixture with a spoon until combined. Transfer this mixture onto the almond apricot layer of the pie and smooth out with a spoon (using a circular motion). Decorate with desired toppings (optional).
- Freeze for 3-4 hours to set, then remove from pan, slice and enjoy! Keep leftovers refrigerated (or freeze for longer storage).
*The hot water helps the chocolate melt a little (though not too much) to make it process better into the crust. Note, it doesn’t need to be boiling hot for this purpose, just very warm.