A delicious soft cookie roll filled with crunchy pieces of cashews and poppy seeds. This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, and made with no added oils.
- 12 tbsp white rice flour
- 4 tbsp cashew butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Process all cookie dough ingredients in a food processor until the mixture begins to form a ball (note: if the mixture is too runny, add a bit more flour, if too dry, add a bit more maple syrup).
- Form the mixture into a ball with your hands and knead briefly, then flatten into a rectangular shape with your hands. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin between two sheets of parchment until it’s about a ¼” thick.
- Sprinkle the filling ingredients over the rolled out dough. Then carefully roll the dough into a tight log (lift the edge of the parchment paper underneath on the side from which you are rolling to help the log roll up more easily and evenly). Once rolled, sprinkle the top of the roll with the toppings and press them into the log lightly. Cut the log into slices (approximately 1″ thick).
- Transfer the parchment that the log is on onto a small baking sheet. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 mins. Then cool on a rack for 10 mins and enjoy!
Storage note: once the cookies are completely cooled off, store them in a sealed glass container at room temperature.