A soft, simple flavorful gluten-free cookie made without nuts. Easy to throw together, with a beautiful light lemon and slightly spiced ginger taste. Vegan.
- 10 tbsp white rice flour (I used a finely ground one)
- 3 tbsp coconut butter (manna)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp lemon extract
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1/16 tsp salt
- optional: 1 tsp raw ground vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture begins to form a ball (note if the mixture is too sticky, add a bit more flour, if too dry, add a bit more maple syrup). Form the mixture into a ball with your hands and knead briefly, then flatten into a disk. Place the disk between two sheets of parchment paper on a flat surface and use a rolling pin to roll out into an ⅛” thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out as many cookies as you can — transfer those onto the prepared cookie sheet (very carefully!). Gather remaining dough scraps, form into a ball, and repeat the process of rolling out and cutting out more cookies until you run out of dough.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for approx 10 mins (they are ready when they begin to golden around the edges). Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool a few minutes (they will firm up a bit as they cool off). Enjoy!