A smooth, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth vegan chocolate pie recipe topped with dairy-free yogurt or whip. Gluten-free & no-bake.
- 1½ cups raw brazil nuts*
- 8 soft medjool dates, pitted
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp raw agave (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 300gr / 10.5oz regular (or firm) tofu (make sure it’s room temp and not cold)
- ⅔ cup chopped dairy-free dark chocolate of your choice, melted**
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup raw agave (or maple syrup***)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- just under ½ tsp salt
- just under ¼ tsp instant espresso powder (optional****)
- Process nuts, dates, and salt in a food processor into a fine crumble. Add agave and cacao powder and process to combine. Transfer into a 7″ tart pan (or pie plate) and press into a crust along base and edges. Place in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Blend the tofu into a smooth consistency in a power blender. Add all remaining filling ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour over prepared crust and tap the pan on the counter a few times to smooth the filling out.
- Optional: drizzle the yogurt over the cake using a cake decorating pen or pipping bag, create desired swirl pattern, sprinkle with any additional toppings. Freeze cake for 1 hour to set. Afterwards keep it refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!
*Use toasted pumpkin seeds for a nut-free version.
**Can also use chocolate chips. I recommend using your favorite chocolate bar or something similar for best flavor.
***If substituting with maple syrup, keep in mind it’s usually a bit sweeter than other liquid sweeteners, so you might want to start with a bit less and adjust the flavor to your liking.
****The espresso powder adds an incredible rich chocolate flavor to this pie.
*****A runnier yogurt works best (some dairy-free varieties can be a little dense).
******Double recipe for 9″ pie