This fig hazelnut caramel cake (vegan, paleo, gluten-free) is decadent, smooth, creamy, sweetened with fruits, and has a flavor reminiscent of caramel.
- ¾ cup cashew butter
- ⅓ cup date syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 2 large fresh figs (stem removed)
- ½ tsp salt
- optional: ¼ tsp raw ground vanilla bean or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract; a hint of orange extract could be nice too (note: I did not use these in this cake as per notes above)
- chopped and whole hazelnuts, fresh figs, decorative flowers of choice, date syrup for drizzling on individual slices if desired
- Process all crust ingredients into a fine sticky crumble in a food processor. Transfer to a 5″ springform pan and press down into an even crust. Freeze while working on next step.
- Blend all filling ingredients into a smooth consistency in a power blender. Pour over prepared crust. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with desired toppings and serve. Enjoy! (Note: keep cake frozen until serving; store leftovers in the freezer).